Level I Training at IONS-EarthRise (San Francisco Bay Area, CA).
Please note the new dates for this event below.
Monday morning April 8, 2013 - Friday at 12:30 pm, April 12, 2013.
Participants lodging at the retreat center: Please arrive Sunday, April 7 at or after 4pm (Dinner is at 6pm).
Daily training hours:
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 am - 6:00 pm (Please arrive by 7:30 am Monday for registration)
Friday: 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Meal Schedule (subject to change): Breakfast, 8:00 am; Lunch, 12:30 pm; Dinner: 6:00 pm. (No dinner served the last day, Friday).
36 (approx.) CE hours available for YA, PSY, MFT, LCSW, RN.* (Please see below for more information).
Location: IONS-EarthRise Retreat Center
101 San Antonio Road, Petaluma, CA 94952
Transportation Options and Retreat Center Guidelines webpage contains valuable information to help you plan your travels to the Level I Training or visit the IONS-EarthRise webpage for regional information and resources to plan your stay.
The Online Registration Link is NOW available at the bottom of this page!
Tuition Cost: $1295 (includes 300+ page manual and Level I Training audio download.
Participants lodging at the retreat center: Your 5-night stay begins Sunday evening, the day before the Level I Training starts. Check-in for lodging guests begins at 4pm on Sunday, April 7th. Dinner is at 6pm. If you will be arriving after dinner or very late Thursday, please email Angela@irest.us for further instructions.
Training Tuition + Shared accommodations = $2050
Training Tuition + Commuter Fee (3 meals/day) = $1650
Training Tuition + Single accommodations = $2170 - To add your name to the Single Room Wait List please call the IRI Office, 415-456-3909.
iRest Yoga Nidra is an evidence based ancient transformative practice of deep relaxation and meditative inquiry that releases negative emotions and thought patterns, calms the nervous system, and develops an inner sanctuary of well-being and equanimity that underlies all circumstance you may encounter in your life.
Research has shown iRest effectively reduces PTSD, depression, anxiety, insomnia, chronic pain, and chemical dependency, as well as increases well-being. It is an adjunctive treatment that has been integrated into veteran settings, homeless shelters, clinics, and healing and meditation centers, where healthcare professionals are integrating iRest to facilitate their own and their clients’ healing and wellbeing. iRest essentially teaches you how to live a contented life, free of conflict, anxiety, fear and suffering by opening your mind and body to their inherent ground of health and wholeness.
This Level I training is designed to provide you with the basic principles, history, theory, practice and delivery of iRest. This will allow you to incorporate the simple 10-step iRest protocol into your personal life, professional teaching or clinical practice. The protocol has been designed for use in various settings that include a personal practice, yoga environments, physical therapy, massage therapy, social work, clinical and medical settings, alternative or integrative medical practices as well as in-job training and job resiliency programs. Approximately 36 CE hours available for YA, PSY, MFT, LCSW, RN.* Click here for more information regarding earning continuing education credits.
What is included:
- iRest Level I training introduces you to the historical context and path of meditation in which iRest is embedded.
- Introduces and provides you with an:
- Understanding of Eastern and Western psycho-spiritual perspectives that form the path of meditation and iRest.
- Understanding of the evidence-based research showing the efficacy of iRest and its use with different psycho-physical issues and populations.
- Understanding of iRest within the context of meditation.
- Understanding of the teacher-student relationship, teaching issues and ethical considerations.
- Teaches you the Ten Steps of iRest.
- Introduces and teaches you to use iRest for your personal practice.
- Teaches you how to teach iRest to groups and individuals in order to provide simple yet highly effective delivery of iRest in group and individual settings.
- Provides you the opportunity to participate in group lectures and peer discussion groups.
Provides you the opportunity to receive and participate in multiple iRest experiential group and one-on-one practice sessions.
Level I iRest Graduates are eligible to:
- Use the designation "Level I iRest Teacher" in advertising and promotional materials, and when delivering iRest in public and professional settings.
- Be listed on the IRI website as a Level I Graduate.
- Be recommended by IRI to people seeking iRest teachers in their local area.
- Audit Level I trainings at reduced rates.
- Utilize private mentoring from IRI Certified Mentors (additional fees apply).
- New! Access the valuable "iRest Teacher's Resource Webpage" to download iRest teaching materials and professionally designed promotional brochures, flyers, and more!
- New! Join the iRest "Teacher's Community Network" (TCN) (additional fees apply).
You will learn iRest Yoga Nidra principles in conjunction with in-depth east-west developmental and psycho/physical practices, that include emotional and cognitive work, and meditative self-inquiry. The program includes interactive dialogue, mind/body deep rest and relaxation, and one-on-one and group deliveries of iRest that emphasize deep, heartfelt listening and welcoming, which in turn produces profound healing for yourself and those you work with.
iRest is one of the most effective and comprehensive programs that I've encountered for healing of trauma and enhancement of psychological well being. One great strength is that it is accessible to a wide range of populations, including veterans, homeless people, those who are seeking to enhance their personal and professional lives, and advanced practitioners who are dedicated to liberation. I can't recommend it highly enough.
--Cassandra Vieten, PhD Psychologist, Mind-Body Medicine Researcher, and Executive Director of Research at the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS)
REQUIRED reading and listening: Richard Miller, Yoga Nidra: A Meditative Practice for Deep Relaxation and Healing (book with CD)
Recommended reading and listening: Integrative Restoration—iRest: The Principles and Practice of Yoga Nidra (6-CD set); iRest at Ease with Richard Miller (audio CD) or iRest at Ease with Kelly Boys (audio CD); and Resting in Stillness (audio CD).
*The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved to sponsor continuing education by the 1) the American Psychological Association (PSY), 2) California Board of Behavioral Sciences LCSW & MFT), and 3) Board of Registered Nursing(RN). SCRC maintains responsibility for the program and content (www.spiritualcompetency.com).
**Cancellation Policy: Refunds are available, less a $100 fee until February 1, 2013. Due to retreat commitments, no refunds are available after that date, unless we are able to fill your place.
101 San Antonio Road
Petaluma, CA 94952
|Tuition + Shared (2 per room) accommodations||$ 2,050.00|
|Tuition + Commuter Fee (inc. 3 meals/day)||$ 1,650.00|